At openCards groups are freely available for everyone. There are no closed groups. Every openCards member can found a new group or join an existing group.
The primary goal of groups at openCards is the transfer of information. Every member of a given group can write private messages to the other members Which makes e.g. the pronouncement of gaming dates of your local play group a lot easier.
Another possible use of the "group" feature: As TD you can establish a group of "your" players - those that visit your tourney regularly. The obvious advantage: As TD you can send those players automatically an invitation, if you announce a new tournament. Furthermore you can inform registered players and / or the whole group when details of the tournament have been changed or you just want to remind them of the upcoming tourney.
Excisting subitems for the help article "Groups":
- Which factors decide with which name I appear in the group member list?
- How do I join a group?
- How do I send a tourney invitation to group members?
- Where do I find groups at openCards?
- How do I leave a group?
- How do I found a group?
- What is the "owner" of a group?
- What happens if the "owner" of a group leaves "his" or "her" group?
- How do I connect a group with a location?
- Why am I supposed to list games "interesting" for my group?
- How do I send a message to all members of my group?
- How do I send a tournament-related message to group members?